Saturday 15 January 2011

Welcome...

A coupla words of welcome.
I have the credit crunch to thank for my introduction to blogging. As a business correspondent on a daily regional newspaper (the Nottingham Post), I found myself having to come to terms with a once-in-a-generation economic event. And to do it in print.
The only way to do that was to revise ferociously (I've got a shelf full of economic tomes) and then write about it. One of the best ways to explore the impact a fast-changing economic explosion was having on the world around me was to blog about it, so I did, originally on a blog on the Post website, http://www.thisisnottingham.com/
The world's calmed down a bit since then, and my original blog ran its course (though it's still buried on blogger right HERE - I've had an amusing time finding out how many of my wise-owl predictions came true).
So now there's something a bit more personal. I'm still going to waffle about business and economics-related stuff and you'll find it either fascinating or a laugh. But there will also be more about me, myself and I.
There are some great blogs by people in and around Nottingham - some of which mirror my world, others which offer piercing insights, and a few which irritate the hell out of me. But that's why I read them - you learn something even when you disagree.
I don't mind whether you disagree with what I write, or if you say so in no uncertain terms. As long as you give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment